"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Saying Goodbyes...


Friday morning I said goodbye to my dear friend and fellow intern Lori. Lori came to Taipei just a few weeks after I did. We have travelled, laughed, cried, shared, and prayed together during our time in Taiwan. To say that I will miss her dearly is putting it lightly. It is amazing how God puts the right people in my life at the perfect time and He did this with Lori. I saw God use her in many of the lives of the students and impact my own life as well. Even though I have only known her for a mere four months we have experienced a lot of unique moments together. I will miss her laugh, her deep thoughts, and her silliness. However, I know that the Lord is leading both of us toward His perfect plan in the future. Right now for me that is staying in Taipei and for her that is going back home to Charleston, S.C. Well, I just want to shout out to Lori. Thank you for being a loyal and loving friend - for reflecting the love of Jesus to me and to the students of Christ College. God has used you to "till the soil" and "plant seeds" in the hearts of many here. I miss you already.
One amazing answer to prayer happened as we dropped Lori off at the airport. She was flying standby and there was no room for her on the plane. We were about to leave and take her back to the college and come back the next day when one of the airport service women told us that there was an extra seat - she had only twenty minutes to make it to the plane. She did and got to fly first-class! Man, God is so good.
I ask that you would pray for me as I adjust to the change of not having Lori here. It will be different. God has provided many other friends and spiritual guides for me here but I will miss Lori. I also need guidance on now being in charge of the English Dorm and other activities that Lori was helping with. Pray for Christ's College and the faculty and staff as we labor to share the Gospel with a student body who really needs Jesus. Only 2% of the population (of 23 million) in Taiwan say they are Christians. I can feel the spiritual warfare here. Please pray that I will not try to fight in self-sufficiency but in utter dependency on Jesus.
- Until next time

1 comment:

Lori Joy said...

geez....tryin to make me cry or something!? I miss you so much girl. Thank you for all you have done and do, I look forward to our friendship growing and continuing in the future! I love you!