"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Sunday, January 6, 2008

My new career... as a tv actor!


I had no idea that I would have so many different and interesting opportunities to experience new things here in Taiwan. Recently, I was asked by a alumni of Christ's College (the school where I am serving) to help film some English scripts for an English class that she is teaching. So for two Saturdays I went downtown and filmed 14 different English scripts for Taiwanese university students. This was my first time (and probably last!) time as a "professional actress." I mean we did the whole thing - hair, make-up, the green room, the "cut", there was a director, producer - it was the real thing.

I now have a deep respect for real and aspiring actors because it is incredibly tough and tiring. I had fun getting to know new people and spending time with another MTW missionary that I don't see often. The bad thing - this program will air on Taiwan television long after I leave. It will be on for many years - Yikes!
Here are some pictures of production. You get to see me in curlers and fully coated in make-up. Also we acted in a green room and they created virtual scenes. So on the television we saw the set but in actuality we were acting in a lime green room!


Well, the experience was unique and definitely memorable.
Until next time...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey, I have been following your blog through a random string of people and links, and I wanted to say that i enjoy reading! I moved to Belize last week and enjoy hearing about other people's experiences in a new cuture. I linked your page to my blog, I hope that's okay.