"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Long Overdue...


Where do I begin? The past month and a half has flown by and every time something fun and interesting happens I find myself writing a post on my blog in my mind. They are brilliant and well written yet they never seem to get from my mind onto the computer! I have no excuses but I am going to try catch everyone up over the next few days.

During the first few weeks of classes I was Ms. Lewis. I taught (all by myself) a literature class full of budding freshmen. I had a lot of fun teaching. Half of the time I felt like I was back at home with my sisters playing school but this was "for real." I am also a teaching assistant for a couple of teachers and so I am not only the coordinator for the Writing Center but also teaching. So life is busy but I am really enjoying it. I am also having the opportunity to give some history lectures on British History in a British Literature class for senior English majors. I feel that I am in my "prime" when I am lecturing. Being in the classroom gives me a way to interact in the students lives more. I am meeting more students and trying to use the classroom as a doorway for ministry.

I have also had some opportunities to hang out with students. During the first week of the semester some of the freshmen that I was teaching invited me to go to an amusement park in Tapei. I rode a fairis wheel for the first time - that was a bit crazy! We also rode bumper cars which I had not done in years. The freshmen are so full of energy and young compared to the juniors and seniors. I had a blast spending the day with them and trying to communicate with them as they used their electronic dictionaries!!! Below are some pictures of our adventure to the fair.

I will publish more posts soon about more of my adventures and outings during the past few weeks. I ask that you all will pray that I will have more opportunities to get to know students and the energy, desire, and boldness to initiate conversations with students that God puts in my life. I need guidance!

Until next time (which will be soon!)

No comments: