"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reunion

I ended my 30 hour plus journey home with a great welcome home present. My entire family was waiting for me with signs and balloons in hand. I was so tired but so glad to see them. Too tired to cry. We had a Lewis family hug right in the middle of the airport. My sister Missy said, "Now are family is complete again." To be missed does make me feel loved. Here are some pictures and just to warn you I don't look my best. After spending almost 20 hours on airplanes and another 10 hours in airports waiting for airplanes I looked ragged.

I got home way early Tuesday morning (2am) and so it has been about 5 days since I have been home. I feel as though I have just been thrown out of a time warp or something. I am having to catch up with people's lives and with many changes that have happened in our home and in the city. I began driving again for the first time in 10 months and stuck to the small less trafficky roads for a few days to get my driving legs back. It took a little time to feel comfortable driving again. Yesterday I drove on a main road for the first time and I did well. The big challenge will be driving on the interstate next week!

Jetlag is really a monster - I find myself falling asleep around 8pm and waking up at 5 or 6, which if you know me well I do not normally wake up without an alarm at 6am it's more like 9 or 10am. However, I feel better each day.

When I got home I had the priviledge to meet Missy's dog Emmie for the first time. She is adorable. She looks like a mop head. She is so low to the ground and her fur is so long that I could use her to clean the floor! She is so floppy and playful. I love her. She took to me really well. I haven't been around a puppy in a while so it is really fun.

Well, I am off to enjoy a day reading, swimming, and spending time with my family. We are having barbeque chicken - a food that I have missed dearly all this year. Oh and by the way I had my first avocado after 10 months and it ROCKED. I missed that food so much. It is funny the things that I found myself missing in Taiwan.

Until next time...

No comments: