"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Soaking up some last minute fun

Many people have taken me out to dinner or lunch the last couple of days to say goodbye. Yesterday, Barbara, May, Judy, and I went to an incredibly unique restaurant. To me the outside looked a bit like a sand castle. Creativity abounded - from the design of the chairs to the bowls and plates. We had a great time laughing and eating great food. As a going away gift Barbara gave me a little Starbucks "bearista" bear that is dressed up in the official Starbucks work outfit. Even though I am not a huge "stuffed animal" fan this one is special because I was a Barista at Starbucks only a year ago.
The loving response from people as I leave Taiwan has been overwhelming. Most people ask me if I will ever come back to Taiwan. I have decided to respond like this: if the Lord gives me an opportunity and opens a door for me to come back (either long or short term) I will be on the first plane.
Here are some pictures of our time at the Dime Boat Restaurant:



It is hard for me to believe that by this time next week I will on the other side of the world. Less than two days left... Emotionally I am numb - it will hit me in a few weeks. I am ready to see my family and enjoy some time with them before I head off to graduate school.

FYI: I will write a few more times before I leave and I will keep the blog updated this summer...

No comments: