"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend at the Lake...

My family and I spent the weekend at the lake - it is only a short drive from our home just 15 minutes across the state line in South Carolina. Yet I always feel I am miles from reality when I am there. It was the first time that just our family spent time together at the lake without guests. We had fun. Lots of laughter, swimming, singing, and more laugher. I have finally mastered the three sixty on the jet ski and I had a blast making waves and almost flippig the thing over. I used to be scared of the crazy machine but now I am branching out.
Some lake pics...

So I need prayer because I am having trouble trusting God with things that I can not control. I am in the middle of trying to get my visa to go to Taiwan and I am encountering some red tape, language barriers, and all the fun that goes with trying to get a resident visa. Sadly, I am freaking out at times. I just want it to be over but I know that this is just another way that God will show me that He is taking care of me. His will will be done and it will be perfect - even if it does not go as I want it to go. Please pray that I can trust Him while waiting. Waiting is so hard.

Until next time -
Amanda

No comments: