"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving - Taiwanese style

So this was my first Thanksgiving away from family. I definitely got a bit more homesick during the holiday. The staff and faculty of the school celebrated the holiday with a big meal together. We had American dishes and Chinese dishes. There was turkey, stuffing, vegetables and then we also had tofu, noodles and Chinese food. We didn't have mashed potatoes or green beans so that was a bit disappointing but the food was good and different. This will be a Thanksgiving I truly will not forget. We had great fellowship and sung songs and worshipped on the third floor of the cafeteria. The view was incredible. I wanted to take this time and jot down a few things that I am thankful for:

1) God's love for me - to the point of sending Jesus for us, He is so faithful and I am not
2) His Word
3) My family - who I miss soooo much right now
4) The chance to come to Taipei and work at Christ's College
5) The ability to read, write, and think
6) Friends - Lori, the MTW Taipei team, and the many people I have met in Taipei
7) The apartment that I am living in
8) The people supporting me by prayers and financial support
9) English and the ability to read and write (which I have taken forgranted until the past three years)

There are so many more...

Here are some pictures from the Thanksgiving meal.






All in all it was a lot of fun. I had a great time and ate a lot.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too.

Until next time...

No comments: