"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas is Coming... Even in Taiwan!

Even though it is a mild 70 degrees here and no chance of snow the Christmas season is in the air. This week I invited some girls to help decorate my apartment. It turned into a Christmas song singing, laughing, and fun time. I taught them how to cut pieces of red and green paper and staple them together in rings and then we put them all over the walls. We also put up lights and a small Christmas tree. Which now thanks to my great parents has a few wrapped presents under it.
I had a lot of fun just sitting back and watching the girls soak themselves up into the activities. They loved it. Of course when I turned off the lights and turned on the Christmas lights everyone oooed and awed. I told them that this is how we get ready for celebrating the coming of Jesus. He is that important to us. I have been thinking about the meaning of Christmas a lot this week. And I think that I am realizing that one of the reasons to celebrate Christmas is to remember and look forward to God's promise that Jesus will return again in his full glory.

Here are some funny pictures of our little "decorating Amanda's apartment party"




I hope all of you have a Blessed Advent Season as we all prepare to celebrate Christmas.

Until next time...

No comments: