"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hungry Mosquitos


So it has been about twenty days since I posted something - whoops! How time flies and speaking of flying... Taiwan is filled with little flying vermit that seem attracted to my body like a child is to a sweet, sugary popsicle. The mosquitos are out in full force right now. Most of the time when I trek out into town I am drenched in repellent. You can probably smell me a mile away even above the stench (that I am still not used to) of the stinky tofu. These mosquitos are quite smart and peculiar, they seem to prefer biting my left leg and arm. I think they are left-handed mosquitos. Which, although I hate mosquitos with a passion I must respect their left-handedness since I too am a left-hander myself. However, I wish that they would attack the right-handed population and leave their own kind alone. I have a theory that mosquitos were created after the fall of man. I just hope some of me is left by the time I am ready to leave Taiwan because the mosquitos are feasting.

No comments: