"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ever since coming to Taiwan I have wanted to buy a Taiwanese flag. I have searched high and low, deep and wide, in big and small stores - nothing, nada, no flag. However, all over the highways and around the city are hundreds of flags. But I can not find one - I think it is a conspiracy. So since my time in Taiwan is coming to an end and it looks like I will not be buying my own Taiwanese flag I decided to take a picture of me draped in one. And I was ever so tempted to pull that stake out of the ground and end the flag search right then and there. But there were too many people around and I figured it wasn't a big enough issue to risk deportation! But man I really want a flag...

No comments: