"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Monday, June 30, 2008

Kenting

So last week I went on a short vacation. Kenting is on the southern coast of Taiwan. The little town has a vibrant street market at night and beautiful views of the ocean and bays. In one day we saw the Taiwan Strait, the Bashi Strait, and the Pacific Ocean. The waves were strong and I loved just listening to the constant roar of the ocean. My friend Fiona and I went all over the area enjoying different sights. We did a little hiking, lots of motorcycle riding and hours of chilling at Starbucks. One funny (not so funny for my body) thing that happened was that I got sunburned really bad on one small area of my legs - I wore shorts and didn't think about putting sunscreen on my legs so a hand-size area of my thighs got "fried." It's pretty funny now that's not as painful because you can see exactly how I rode on the cycle!! Fiona got a nice looking watch tan and sunglass tan - which I gave her the fun nickname of goggle eyes!
All in all it was a great time of chilling, enjoying the beauty of this country, and escaping the busyness of life.
Here are some pictures...


My mom and I have to see the ocean at least once a year - it is just a must. This trip was my "ocean experience" this year. It was unique and fun.

Now I am back in Taipei and packing away. 7 days and counting until I go home.

Until next time...

No comments: