"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Monday, September 3, 2007

Last Night in the US

Well, today was a big day. I said goodbye to my car and my family dogs and cats. My parents and I have decided to sell my car and save the money to purchase another car when I get back. My Saturn station wagon - "wags" was my first car and the only car I have driven long term. Reality hit that I am really leaving for a long time when I cleaned out the glove compartment and all the crevices in the car. Then I said goodbye to our dogs - Piper, Toby, and Sprinkles. I cried. Our dogs are like a part of the family. The dogs have been my pals this year. I hope they remember me when I come back.
My parents and I drove to Atlanta and met my two sisters. We ate at the Cheese Cake Factory and had a fun time - my family is loud and funny. So we did have a good time. Now we are at a hotel close to the airport. My flight leaves at 7:45am tomorrow - bright and early.
Please pray that my flights and travel go smoothly and well.
Thanks all,
Amanda

1 comment:

Joel said...

Let us (your readers & prayer partners) know, when you get a chance, how your flight and settling in at Christ's College have been.