"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Final Weekend...

I am coming up on my final weekend in the states. Mom and I are going to the lake tomorrow to swim and cook and enjoy one more summer day before I leave. I am tired. I have run so many errands and I surely hope that I have not forgotten anything important. I will let you know about that!!! I figured out that my flight time in the air to Taipei will be in total 24 hours. Yikes! I bought a book from Barnes today called the "Kite Runner" and if it is good I might just finish it on the plane. A shout out to my friend Maggie Rountree for suggesting the book.

Well, my flight takes off at 7:30am in Atlanta so mom and dad and I are going to the great ATL on Sunday afternoon. My sisters are meeting us and we are going to have a last family meal before I leave. Then after hopefully a good night's rest I will board the plane for San Fran. In San Fran I hope to see my college friend Buzzy and then board a plane for Taipei.
I have a funny and love/hate relationship with airplanes and flying. I like airports and I like driving people to the airport (I know strange) but I do not like flying. The concept of a huge piece of flying metal in the air that could fall any moment just doesn't appeal to me. I don't freak out but flying isn't my favorite mode of transportation.

Well, I am off to bed gotta say a few more goodbyes tomorrow and run some more beloved errands.

No comments: