"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Land of Smiles



My trip to Thailand was fun, restful, and an adventure. I find that flying by myself is always an adventure. My flight was delayed two and a half hours because of technical problems. I did not mind because I would rather fly on a safe airplane. I got to Bangkok at 2 am and did not arrive at my friend's house until after 3. Other than that I had a great time meeting people, eating different foods, trying to speak Thai, and catching up with my friend Melanie. She and her friends took me to ride a river boat and see this enormous reclining Budha made of pure gold. I went to a nice mall one day and ate Mexican food for the first time in almost 9 months. I read three books and slept a lot. I also had the chance to see the MTW Thailand team in action. They have many different ministries going on and it was a priviledge to be a very small part of them during a short time. I also met Melanie's neighbors and ate at their shop. They have a little girl (about 5 years old) and a teenager who love to hang out with Melanie and her roommates. I enjoyed them. They ate with us and told us that we were wimps because we couldn't handle spicy food - that would be me!!!
I have a few pictures...











Now I am back at Christ's College. We had a prayer retreat the day after I returned. We also picked up our paint brushes once again and tried to finish painting one of the girl's dorm floors. Almost 20 girls came to help and it was a lot of fun. The halls are looking good.





Much has been going on here. Midterms just ended so I am experiencing one of the "joys" of teaching - grading. Not my favorite part let me tell you. Today I did get the opportunity to give a power point lecture on C.S. Lewis to the senior English Majors who are in the process of reading "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." I had so much fun finding pictures, rereading the book, and sharing my passion of Lewis' writing and life. So grading balances out with being able to connect faith and learning in the classroom.

Hope everyone is doing well

Until next time...

No comments: