"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thailand...

I am taking a short break and am in Bangkok, Thailand. I am visiting missionary friends for about 5 days. I had a whirlwind of a flight to get here - delayed 2 hours, immigration took an hour and then the ride to their home took about another hour. So we got to their home at about 2 am. So I slept late and haven't seen much of the city yet but Melanie (my friend) took me around the little town they live in and we met some of her Thai friends. I ate Thai stir fry and a Thai smoothie - really good and got money exchanged. There are many similarities between Thailand and Taiwan so it has not been extremely difficult to adjust. The language is beautiful and so is the writing - it looks a bit like Arabic. It is nice to have a breather from Chinese and life in Taiwan but I know by the time I fly back I will miss it dearly and be ready to see the students again.
I haven't taken any pictures yet but I plan to so I will update my blog with Thailand pictures soon.

No comments: