"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Monday, April 7, 2008

My Battle with mosquitos

When you think of places that might have huge, pesky, blood sucking mosquitos I personally think of places like the Amazon in Brazil or the Congo or Kenya in Africa. Well, I found out this week that we can add Taiwan to this list. I live on the 5th floor of an apartment building and my bedroom is enclosed by a indoor porch and STILL these darn mosquitos find their way into my ear at 1am. So I did something I did not expect to do here. I got a mosquito net and shimmied it up to the ceiling with duck tape and a draw string from my sweat pants! It has only fallen once in four nights and now I think I have gotten it secure so it hopefully will not fall again. I have found one or two mosquitos in my room, which I chase around until I can kill them, but they don't make it to my ears or body when I am sleeping. All that to say I am sleeping itch and bothersome free for the first time in a while. So whoever came up with the idea of the mosquito net - bless you.

Here is a picture of my net. It truly feels like I am camping every night. I actually like it - the canopy feeling. The net is big enough that I don't feel suffocated.


So as I am here battling the mosquitos my family is preparing for the upcoming Masters golf tournament that starts this week. I am truly wanting to be there. I love the Masters and will miss spending time at the course with my family - it's a tradition that I truly cherish.

Until next time...

No comments: