"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Monday, April 7, 2008

Sheep

Growing up I never had a fascination with stuffed animals or had a favorite kind of animal. Well, now that I am twenty five that is changing. This year I have seen how God uses the picture of the shepherd and sheep all throughout the Bible. I am His sheep. Sheep are needy, dependent, and yes let's be frank pretty stupid animals but they are precious to the shepherd. We also have a shepherd who thinks we are more valuable than we think of ourselves.
I received a stuffed sheep for Easter and although she is a bit plump and does not have a smile unless I contort her face she is soft and a great reminder that God will and is taking care of me more than I can see or know.

Picture of the sheep - I haven't named her yet so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I hope she makes you smile!
Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.