"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yum!


So I would have to say that my favorite restaurant to eat in Taiwan is the little hole-in-the-wall next to the college. The English faculty has dubbed it the "Seafood" restaurant, which I think is pretty funny because we never eat seafood there. It is great. There are only two waitresses, so we have gotten to know them pretty well and it is family owned. My favorite dish is Chinese eggplant and pork with rice. Oh and there is this tofu soup like dish that is great as well. The Chinese name for it is something like soft skin tofu. I eat there at least once a week or more. The place is tiny and most of the time noisy and full of Taiwanese people relaxing and communing over good food after a hard day's work. I have a few pictures of me and some of our team eating at the seafood place. I will dearly miss this food and the people when I leave.




This is a whole fish - head, eyes, everything - cooked in a pan. So, yes they serve seafood but we tend to stick to land dishes.

So I give a shout out to the wonderful people at the seafood place and I can't wait to eat there again - which will be very soon.

Until next time...

No comments: