"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Monday, October 1, 2007

Taipei 101

On Saturday Lori, Judy, and I went to the world's tallest functioning building. Very soon a building in Dubai will beat the tower in Taipei but not yet. The building looks like Chinese take out boxes stacked on top of each other. Here is a picture of the outside of the building.

We went up to the top and the building has the world's fastest elevator - 37 seconds to get to the 87ish floor. It was such a cross-cultural experience because in the elevator going up there were people excitedly speaking English, Chinese, Taiwanese, French, Dutch (or German I couldn't quite figure it out), and maybe one more language. It was really funny. The elevator ride was so smooth.

These are some pictures I took from the top of the tower. We got there in time to see the sunset and to see the city at night. It was a fun experience.






Today... I had the chance to ride on a motorcycle for the first time. It was an experience I have to say. A lot of people drive motorcycles (equivalent to mopeheads in the states) here. I held on tight.

Right now as I discover more about this land and its incredible people I am holding onto the truth and promise that "I am the Lord's." I do not need to fear for God is with me (Isaiah 43). Tomorrow is the first time that the small group that I am leading meets. I am a bit nervous about this but the pressure is on the Lord. He can do all His Holy will.

Until next time...

No comments: