"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
~ Isaiah 40: 11

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Saturday Jaunt

Last Saturday Lori and I ventured out on our own to explore the city. We went to the Chiang-Kia Chek Memorial Hall, the National Theatre, and the National Concert Hall which were all in one big square and there was also a small park. We had a blast. There were lots of students practicing cheers/dances in the square and tents with people selling things. The students were excited to see us English speakers and we took some fun pictures with them. Here are a few pictures of our outing.





One of the best aspects of this little trip was that Lori and I found the place on our own and didn't get lost (okay we did have a bit of trouble finding the tram to get home but I don't count that as getting lost). It was fun exploring the city and learning a bit about the people, the history, and the culture. We went to a handi-craft market and saw all sorts of Chinese crafts. We visited the Chang Kia-Shek Museum which is pretty much all of Kai-Shek's stuff on display. I kept thinking "man this guy was so powerful and had so much but now what does it matter he is gone and all that is left is a musuem housing all of his stuff." I kept thinking of the verse "Where your treasure is there will your heart be also."
It was a fun time. I really enjoyed having Lori around to share it with.
Also, this past week we learned a new silly song that I have to share (from another missionary I have to add). I couldn't stop laughing - partly because I was so tired (you know how you can get when something is even more funny than it really is when you are tired).
A different version of Mary had a Little Lamb:
Mary had a little Lamb
Her Father shot it dead
Mary took the lamb to school
Between two pieces of bread
This song is crazy, oh so crazy
I am going crazy just singing this song
Well I have many more posts to add to catch up on all of my experiences.
I will write more soon.
Until then...

No comments: